When going for walks, forest excursions and hikes, the best way to protect yourself from ticks is with:
- Long trousers and closed shoes.
- Put socks over your trousers
- Wear light-colored clothes
- Spray body parts and clothes that come into contact with grass or bushes with anti-tick spray.
- Avoid the undergrowth.
- Check your body for ticks after every outdoor activity
Particularly popular for ticks are damp and undisturbed parts of the body such as: Axel cavities, behind the ears, knee joints, intimate areas, etc.